Following up on my last post, this is another great football watching snack. My mom made this growing up for all types of crowds occasions and it was always a hit! I have to say the toasted almonds definitely make it extra special. No, this is no calorie saving dish and if you are one of those people that would rather not know all of the ingredients that make dips like this so delicious (yes, I'm talking about mayo), skip on past this one. However, it's definitely worth the splurge! I promise to come back soon with a few of my favorite healthy recipes as well. Enjoy!
Toasted Almond Cheese Ball
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
½ cup milk
½ cup mayo
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
8 ounces cream cheese
3 ounces sliced almonds – browned (see below)
Step by Step
1. Mix dressing & cream cheese – beat with mixer
2. Add & blend cheddar cheese
3. Cover & put in freezer for 30 minutes
4. Shape in ball and roll in almonds
To brown almonds:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spread almonds in a thin layer on a baking sheet.
3. Brown in oven for about 10 minutes until almonds are slightly darker. Watch closely so they do not burn!
4. Serve with your favorite crackers. My favorites are Wheat Thins and Sociables.