Parmesan & Herb Crusted Chicken
Adapted from Realsimple.com
The breading mixture makes enough for two large chicken breasts (with a little extra) or it is enough for four small breasts. If cooking for four and want to make sure you have enough bread crumbs, I would suggest making 1 1/2 times the recipe... you won't need to double it unless cooking for six. Make sure you spread the dijon in a very thin layer. It can get a little mustardy if you do not spread it thinly.
1 garlic clove, peeled
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
2 slices whole wheat bread
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
Step by Step
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lightly coat a glass baking dish with cooking spray.
3. In a mini food processor, mince garlic. Then add parsley and pulse until combined. Add the bread, Parmesan, oil, salt and a few dashes of pepper. Pulse until all ingredients are well combined.
4. Arrange chicken breasts on baking dish. Spread mustard in a very thin layer on breasts and then pack herb mixture on top to coat entire chicken breast. Optional: Sprinkle with a little extra cheese if desired.
5. Bake until cooked through, which is about 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper and serve.