This recipe calls for jarred tomatillo sauce. This is simply a Mexican green salsa that can be found at any grocery store. It is usually found near other salsas and dips.
6 corn tortillas
1 1/2- 2 cups uncooked, peeled and deveined shrimp (about 25 medium sized shrimp)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 an avocado, sliced
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
1/2 cup store bought tomatillo sauce (also known as mexican green sauce)
Step by Step
1. In a medium sized bowl, toss shrimp with salt, chili powder, garlic powder and pepper. Toss to coat shrimp. Squeeze 3/4 of a lime over shrimp.
2. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a nonstick skillet.
3. Add shrimp and cook for 5-10 minutes until shrimp are opaque and cooked through. Toss a few times to let shrimp cook evenly. Squeeze the last 1/4 of the lime onto the shrimp.
4. While shrimp are cooking, heat a large skillet over medium to high heat. Place corn tortillas on dry pan one at a time until lightly browned. Turn and brown the other side. Keep warm in foil until all tortillas have been heated.
5. Add 3-4 shrimp to each corn tortilla. Top with 1-2 teaspoons of tomatillo sauce followed by avocado slices and cilantro. Serve Immediately.