9.15.2009

Sweet & Spicy Bacon Chicken Wraps

bacon wrapped chicken

It's football season and that means one thing... hungry boys sitting on my couch all Saturday afternoon. And occasionally, Mr. Hungry will inquire about what I could whip up for a quick snack for him and his pals.    If you find yourself in the same position, you should definitely try this easy and delicious snack.  I recently took these to a football watch party and judging by the fact that they were all gone, I am guessing they were a hit!  These wraps also work great as finger food for any type of party.  Serve them as an appetizer or as part of a light meal.  Another reason these are so easy is because you can prepare them up to a day before and refrigerate until ready to bake.

Sweet & Spicy Bacon Chicken Wraps
Recipe Notes
I like to give credit to where a recipe came from or even the inspiration if I did not follow it correctly.  However, I was given this recipe in college and do not know the source so forgive me!
Ingredients
1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 breasts)
1 package sliced bacon (about 1 pound)
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoon chili powder
Step by Step
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes.  Cut each bacon slice into thirds.
3.  Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure them with a wooden toothpick.
4.  Stir together brown sugar and chili powder.  Dredge each chicken/bacon wrap through the chili powder/ brown sugar mixture until evenly coated.
5.  Coat a rack and broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
6.  Place chicken wraps on rack and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until bacon is crisp.

11 comments:

  1. These look delicious! And the perfect snack for a football game. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Hungry and his friends sure are lucky! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good! I bet you could make them way ahead of time and even freeze them. These would also be great at a tailgate cooked over the grill. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! This is one of my favorites! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have never thought of the combination of chili powder and brown sugar. I will have to try this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How easy! I am going to try this for a tailgate this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look yummy for a party. Can you clarify what you do with the brown sugar and chili powder after you mix them? Do you sprinkle it over the top of the wrapped chicken before cooking or after?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristi, Oh my goodness I left that out! I will have to change that... Thanks so much for letting me know. You dredge each wrap through the chili powder mixture until coated evenly.

    Linda, I agree and the grill sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. UM, THESE WERE DELICIOUS! Made them for a dinner party on Saturday night. Very easy and a huge crowd-pleaser. They made the entire house smell yummy before my guests arrived, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kristi, I'm so glad they worked for your dinner party!

    ReplyDelete