Sometimes, the healthiest and tastiest sides can be achieved from very few steps. Roasted asparagus is one of my favorites because it's cheap, easy, healthy and quick (cheap if you buy it now when it is in season). I know this is a pretty lame post if you cook all the time and think this isn't even a recipe, but before my friend Allison introduced me to roasting vegetables, I thought it was way more complicated. And during our week of healthy dinners, this will go perfectly alongside any dish. Enjoy!
Simply Roasted Asparagus.Ingredients
4 to 5 asparagus stalks per person
Coarse Sea Salt (for the best taste, but other types of salt will work as well)
Step by Step
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.2. Cover a shallow baking sheet with foil.
3. Cut off coarse bottoms (a.k.a. "woody ends") of the asparagus.
4. Lay out asparagus like shown above.
5. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and coarse salt.
6. Roll the asparagus around on the baking sheet to get the olive oil evenly spread.
7. Roast in oven for about 10 minutes. *Shake the pan half way through to move asparagus around* (cooking time could be longer or shorter depending on thickness of stalks)
8. Pull out of the oven when lightly browned and asparagus is tender when pierced with a fork.
9. Serve immediately.