Here I am posting the exact same ingredients that I did last week with a new carb in the mix. But I will tell you this another that won't let you down. These roasted tomatoes are from the Junior League of Houston's cookbook called Peace Meals (if you don't own this, you should), and I thought they would go wonderfully mixed into a pasta. The tang of the grape tomatoes mixed with the fresh basil and chunks of mozzarella just melt in your mouth.
Adapted from Peace Meals by The Junior League of Houston
1 pint grape tomatoes
coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper
extra virgin olive oil
Step by Step
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Place tomatoes on rimmed baking sheet.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and toss lightly to coat.
4. Generously sprinkle salt and pepper to cover tomatoes.
5. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Let tomatoes cool slightly and reserve for pasta.
1 box Angel Hair Pasta
Roasted Tomatoes (recipe above)
1/2 cup torn fresh basil
1 cup fresh mozzarella, cut into small chunks
Coarse Sea Salt
Splash of Olive Oil
Step by Step
1. Heavily salt a pot of boiling water and cook according to directions.
2. Drain pasta and return to pan immediately.
3. Add tomatoes, basil, mozzarella and a splash of olive oil.
4. Mix and let mozzarella melt slightly.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.