7.25.2009

little kitchen loves... Ikea Nonstick Skillet

This is one of my favorite little kitchen secrets.  When it comes to buying pots and pans there are so many options.  Sometimes buying high quality expensive pans is definitely worth the money, but this is not the case with a nonstick skillet.   This is an essential pan to have in any kitchen to cook anything from eggs to any dish with cheese when you want an easy cleanup.  This is actually a tip I got from a friend who is a professional chef.  Whether you buy an expensive nonstick skillet or a cheap one, they will give you the same results and no nonstick pan lasts forever because the nonstick surface will wear out and you will need to throw it away.  My chef friend told me some of the best chefs in the world have cheap nonstick skillets.  This set of two from Ikea is perfect and the price couldn't be better... $7.95 for two! When browning meats and making sauces, you will want to use a good skillet and I will talk about the pans I have invested in on a different post.  But for now, I am suggesting you pick these up from Ikea for all your quick cooking.  Now remember, when you start to see the surface of the pan peeling off, it's time to throw the pan away and get another one.  At least this way you won't be too sad to see that pan you paid a couple bucks for go in the trash!

2 comments:

  1. great tip! I made the Lemon Caper vinaigrette the other night and put it over a nicoise type salad - very, very good! The blueberry dumplings look amazing...

    ReplyDelete