Pesto Grilled Chicken
I sprinkled parmesan cheese on the chicken and then a little on top of the chicken. This is a great addition, but really not necessary to buy unless you have it on hand. The chicken will still be good with just the pesto. I used store bought pesto for quick preparation. You can either buy a whole tub or some grocery stores like Central Market have pesto where you can measure out exactly how much you need. You do not need to do anything to the pesto. I took mine out of the refrigerator and set it on the counter while I made the chicken so that it could come to room temperature. There is no need to heat it separately.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Seasoning salt (I like McCormick's)
3 to 4 tablespoons pesto (make with this recipe or use store bought)
2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
Step by Step
1. Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
2. Heavily season chicken on both sides with seasoning salt and pepper.
3. Grill chicken until no longer pink in the middle.
4. Remove chicken from grill and sprinkle each breast with one tablespoon
5. Remove from heat and sprinkle each breast with one tablespoon of parmesan cheese.
6. Top the cheese with 1 to 11/2 tablespoons of pesto on each breast.
7. Serve while warm.
Pairs perfectly with Fresh Tomato Sauce & Whole Wheat Spaghetti !