By the time we got over this and started thinking about the backyard, we had weeds knee high where a garden use to be. So I decided to get serious about this and get rid of these weeds one by one. One of the hardest projects I have ever tackled, but probably the most satisfying.
Next, Mr. Hungry constructed the beds with stones that were in the backyard already plus a few fresh ones. And then sometime last fall, I took the plunge to see if I could make anything grow.
I meant to take pictures of the growth process, but kind of fell behind so instead I will show you some of what I got out of this thing... We ended up with 8 heads of broccoli, parsley, rosemary, basil, parsley, sage, lavender, oregano, thyme, tons of arugula and 3 heads of cauliflower.