2.14.2011

happy valentine's day.

DSC_0700

So I took my own idea and made these brownies and made a version of these bags.  Two days before Valentine's was not the time to start looking for the brown bags I needed for this project so I improvised and used brown lunch bags and cut them off.  My printer was being difficult so I just printed on white card stock and pasted on.  It's been awhile since I brought a sweet treat to work, so I thought this was a perfect excuse to try out a new version of the over top fudgy brownies that I have been dying to try and give my coworkers a little old fashioned valentine.
DSC_0701



Are you ready for this?  No seriously, if you have any interest in peanut butter and serious chocolate, this could change everything.  Dark chocolate Reese's peanut butter cups sprinkled into over the top fudgy brownies.  I can barely type because of the sugar coma I have put myself in just from the bite here and bite there that i ate, but what better day than Valentine's to go a little over the top?  I will say these weren't the easiest brownies to cut into hearts, but I think they turned out pretty darn cute. I made half with Snickers just in case the Reese's cups didn't work out, but seriously?  Why would I have ever thought peanut butter cups would be anything but bliss in all this chocolate??

This version is now on the very top of my list of outrageously tasty and decadent treats with the Reese's being my favorite version.  Hope you are noshing on some sweet treats today and put these on your list.

From my little kitchen to yours... Enjoy.

Here is the recipe.  Substitute Dark Chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for Snickers and walnuts for the pecans.

DSC_0685


DSC_0692


Sure wish you I could deliver these through each one of your screens... hope you have a great day.

7 comments:

  1. Sure wish I worked at your office today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm i'll take delivery on one of those any day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My very dear friend, Judy, told me about your brownies last night at Bible study. I just had to check out your blog and see for myself. Love.it!!
    I think I may just make these over the weekend!
    blessings
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashlea,
    I did make these scrumptious brownies! We celebrated my mother-in-law's bday last night and I thought little heart brownies would be nice. It was a fun recipe to make and I got good feedback. I paired it with homemade peppermint ice cream.
    Have you ever frozen these brownies? I had some left over and decided to freeze them...they are so rich!
    Have a great weekend.
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annesta, yes they are extremely rich! Homemade peppermint ice cream sounds amazing. I actually froze some to do something else with them (you might die when I tell you what I did with them), but I have never frozen and then thawed. I don't see why that would not work though and I would love for you to fill me in on how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, you are not going to tell me what you did with the frozen brownies you made?? My curiosity is really getting me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annesta, I won't hold out on you, but I ask that you not judge until I post about it and explain my reasoning. :) I fried them! I know, i know... you have first hand knowledge of how rich these are and might think this is crazy, but I will explain! Probably won't make a difference because at the end of the day, yes, I did deep fry the already-richest thing I've ever made!

    ReplyDelete