6.22.2009

Perfect Party Pizza


Serendipity... That's what I like to call the fact that in the same week, I received sockeye smoked salmon from Alaska as a souvenir from my parents, as well as a great new recipe from my friend Frances.  She told me how this is a recipe she has made for years and it's perfect as an appetizer or to take to any party. Of course I had to make it immediately and I can also say it's great for a quick dinner.  Whether you use an individual sized Boboli pizza or a large one for a crowd, you can easily adapt this recipe to however many people you are feeding.
Smoked Salmon Party Pizza
Recipe Notes
There are not really amounts below because you just eyeball the ingredients based on the size of your crust.  Boboli crust is a pizza crust that is sold at most grocery stores.  Make sure you let the Boboli crust cool completely before spreading the cream cheese on top.  A large knife is much easier to cut through the pizza then a pizza wheel.
Ingredients
Boboli Pizza Crust (small or large)
Cream Cheese, plain
Smoked Salmon, cut into bite size pieces
Red onion, sliced thinly
Capers, drained
1 or 2 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
Step by Step
1.  Prepare crust according to package; let cool completely.
2.  Spread cream cheese in a thin layer to cover entire crust.
3.  Layer red onion on crust; followed by smoked salmon.
4.  Sprinkle capers and dill on top.
5.  Cut into pie slices or strips before serving.

3 comments:

  1. I am always looking for unique appetizers to take to parties. This looks perfect. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow... I am a huge fan of bagel and lox and this looks like for a perfect recipe for a dinner party! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete