11.15.2009

Artichoke, Arugula & Prosciutto Pizza

IMG_5556

I lied... I said I was done with pizzas for awhile, but I just couldn't let them go.  With a few random ingredients in my fridge, this pizza was created.  When there is a little of this and a little of that, a warm crispy, chewy crust is just what they need.  This pizza was created because I happened to have all of these ingredients on hand except for the prosciutto.  So I had the deli department give me just a few slices of prosciutto and dinner was done.  And I have to say I have now really (no, really this time) found my favorite pizza.  I am sure you are a bit over hearing that since I seem to announce that every week, but this is it! This is really it! The best homemade pizza I could ever imagine!  It might have something to do with the fact that artichoke hearts are one of my favorite foods so to pair those with the salty prosciutto, fresh pesto, peppery arugula, fresh lemon, and hearty mushrooms was just one of the best things that has ever happen to me.
















'

Artichoke, Arugula & Prosciutto Pizza
Ingredients
1 ball of pizza dough (store bought of homemade)
3 tablespoons fresh pesto
2 cups mozzarella cheese
5 artichoke hearts (one can), quartered
5 white button mushrooms, sliced thinly
1 ounce thinly sliced prosciutto
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
1 1/2 cups arugula leaves
1 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Step by Step
1.  Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2.  Heavily flour a clean surface.
3.  Roll out pizza dough on floured surface into a rectangular shape that will fit a baking sheet.
4.  Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.  Transfer pizza dough to parchment paper.
5.  Spread a thin layer of pesto on entire crust.
6.  Top with mozzarella cheese.
7.  Top evenly with artichoke hearts, prosciutto and mushrooms.
8.  Top with parmesan cheese.
9.  Heavily pepper pizza and lightly salt.
10.  Bake for 15 minutes.
11.  While pizza is baking, toss arugula with lemon juice.
12.  Remove pizza when the edges are brown and the cheese is bubbling.
13.  Top with arugula and cut into slices.
14.  Serve hot.

4 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I have always seen arugula on pizzas at restaurants, but wasn't quite sure how to pull that off at home. Thank you for sharing this recipe. looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband has been begging me to make this pizza ever since we saw this on your blog. We made it for dinner tonight and it was such a hit! Even the kids liked it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. We just made this but substituted a whole wheat crust and it came out great. We didn't have any mushrooms either, but there were plenty of great flavors.

    ReplyDelete