11.09.2009

{venturing outside the little kitchen} Mastering Masa Dough @ Sur La Table


There are just some things I don't like to try and figure out on my own.  Making my own tortillas and tamales has been on my list of things to do, but just didn't sound like something I wanted to try and figure out from a recipe on my own.  So that led me to Sur la Table's cooking class "Mastering Masa Dough."  I have always wanted to go to their cooking classes, but they are not the cheapest endeavor so I wanted to make sure I found a good one.  And let me just tell you, it was definitely worth it.  I met some of the most interesting people and had a wonderful time making tortillas, gorditas, tamales, empanadas and sopresas.  I will not go into all of the recipes right now, but as I make them again, I will share.  For now, I just wanted to give you a little sneak peek.  I will say with a class that was this jam packed with dishes, I did not master one thing.  However, it was just enough to have me trying all of these recipes in my own little kitchen.









5 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! I agree with you on the cost. It is a little too expensive to just take every week, but would definitely be worth picking up a new skill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash!

    I made the masa dough tortillas last night, and it was so much easier than I had been expecting! It had been on both of our lists of things to test for so long now (since that weekend in Fredericksburg). I miss you more than a lot, and I'll talk to you soon.

    Al

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that Sur La Table had cooking classes! I guess I have only been in there once or twice but I would love to learn something like this. I will have to check out the other classes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... all of that looks so good. I just looked at the classes and the crepe classes look great too. With all of these crepes you share, it looks like you could teach that class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This class looks great! Thanks for sharing. I have always wondered about those classes.

    ReplyDelete