Chicken Pesto Pizza
Any seasoned grilled chicken will work great. If making the chicken just for the pizza, season with salt, pepper and garlic salt before grilling. Feel free to try whatever cheese you have on hand as well.
Homemade pizza dough (click here for recipe)
1/2 cup basil pesto
1 grilled chicken breast, sliced thinly
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1-2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
Step by Step
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into the shape of your cookie sheet. Place crust on a piece of parchment paper and place on pan.
2. Spread a thin layer of pest on entire crust, leaving a 1/2 inch around the edge with no pesto.
3. Sprinkle parmesan cheese.
4. Sprinkle monterey jack cheese to cover all of the pesto.
5. Place slices of chicken breast on top. Sprinkle with a bit more parmesan cheese.
6. Generously salt and pepper the entire pizza.
7. Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until crust is crispy and brown.
8. Cut into rectangular pieces and serve.