Tomato, Olive & Scallion Pizza
Adapted from Real Simple, October 2009
We added thin slices of brie to half of this pizza just to try it out. (Honestly, I was having a hard time trusting we could make a tasty pizza without any cheese). The slices of brie paired perfectly with the olives and tomatoes, but it turns out this pizza was delicious without the cheese as well.
1 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen
2 beefsteak tomatoes (about 1 pound), thinly sliced
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
2 tablespoon olive oil
brie, thinly sliced (optional)
- Step by Step
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2. Sprinkle a clean surface with flour. Roll our pizza dough into a rectangular shape that will fit a baking sheet.
3. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer pizza dough onto baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
4. Top the dough with the tomatoes, scallions and olives. If using slices of brie, add on top of tomatoes. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Top with a 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
5. Bake until crust is crisp and edges are browned, 15 to 20 minutes.