This right here makes me very happy I discovered homemade pizza. I looked in the fridge and saw a few leftovers here and a few leftovers there.... and voila, the creation of this pizza. I didn't buy a darn thing. I had half a block of feta, half a bag of grape tomatoes, some leftover toasted pine nuts and some pesto in the freezer. Sadly, I had no crust in the freezer or this would have been a cinch. But after making up a batch, the pizza only took about 10 minutes. So enough about me, let's talk about you... go look in that fridge of yours... come on, there is got to be something you could throw on a pizza.
From my little kitchen to yours... Enjoy.
Pesto Pizza with Feta & Tomatoes
As I mentioned before, this was all leftovers and I just took stuff out of the fridge and started throwing it on. I tried to estimate about how much of each ingredient I used, but you will be able to judge that based on what kind of pizza you like... whether you like a lot of cheese or a little, just a bite of tomato or a ton... you get the point.
1 recipe of basic pizza dough, or store bought
3/4 cup pesto
3/4 cup feta
3/4 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half longways
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
Step by Step
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Heavily flour a clean surface.
3. Roll out pizza dough on floured surface into a rectangular shape that will fit a baking sheet.
4. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer pizza dough to parchment paper.
5. Spread a thin layer of pesto on entire crust.
6. Sprinkle with an even layer of feta cheese.
7. Top with halved tomatoes and pine nuts.
8. Bake for 15 minutes, until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbling.