Toasted Pecan & Goat Cheese Salad
1 bag of salad (either spring mix or baby spinach)
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans (see below for details)
1/4 cup balsamic-rosemary vinaigrette
Ingredients- balsamic rosemary dressing
Recipe adapted from Food Everyday Magazine March 2009
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 small clove of garlic
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Combine all ingredients except dressing and toss.
2. Pour dressing over salad just before serving.
1. Combine all ingredients but the olive oil in a blender.
2. Blend until mixture has a smooth consistency.
3. While blender continues to run, remove lid and add olive oil slowly.
4. Continue to blend until mixture is combined.
Dressing may be refrigerated up to two weeks and also works well as a marinade for chicken and pork chops.
To toast pecans, heat a dry skillet over medium heat. Add pecans and toast about 5 minutes, shaking every once in awhile. Keep your eye on these... they can burn quickly!